CATS has an outstanding safety record, thanks to the commitment and dedication of the team of people who work at the terminal and other sites linked to the business.
In 2018, the CATS terminal achieved a total of 15 years without a Lost Time Incident. This significant and notable milestone has been reached by nurturing a culture where safety is embedded in everything we do, and is the priority of everyone at site, from the most experienced operator to the newest apprentice.
The terminal is ISO 14001 accredited and has also been presented with several prestigious awards including:
- British Safety Council 5 Star Awards for Health, Safety and Environmental performance
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) gold awards
- British Safety Council Swords of Honour for safety excellence
- Tees Valley Business Awards - Environmental Award winner
- ICHemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) Environmental Award commendation